The post holder will coordinate UK-German Connection's communications, digital engagement and online presence, and help drive forward UK-German Connection’s external communications profile. A high level of interaction with colleagues from external partner organisations is also required.
Responsibilities will include
- coordinating UK-German Connection’s communication work across all programmes and activities, both in respect of publicising opportunities and showcasing projects. This includes:
- print and digital outreach and publicity of UK-German Connection activity to customers and strategic partners, including newsletters, mailings, materials and social media
- enquiries & general advice
events, eg UK-German Connection seminars, attendance at partner organisations’ events, workshops or school visits
producing relevant and compelling digital content
- leading on the development of digital activity and digital engagement by young people
- facilitating digital workshops and networks of young people
- contributing to UK-German Connection’s web presence, keeping the website fresh, dynamic and up to date. This includes editorial maintenance, quality assurance, storytelling, management of user submissions and online community areas, and content development for the website (www.ukgermanconnection.org), using the WordPress Content Management System
- managing customer, client and partner contacts
- evaluating the impact and reach of digital communications as well as reviewing and assessing related analytics and contributing to general reports on these topics
- contributing to the development of UK-German Connection’s communications and digital strategy as well as UK-German Connection’s wider offer and activity.
Skills & competencies
We are particularly looking for highly-committed and flexible candidates with initiative, drive and relevant experience, who have a strong interest in interacting with clients and customers and in sharing UK-German Connection’s work with a wide range of audiences.
In their application, candidates should show evidence of the following:
- essential: excellent communication skills (oral and written), interpersonal and social skills, and a strong customer-service approach
- essential: aptitude to ‘write for impact’ when addressing specific audiences and various media channels, and excellent editing and proofing skills
- essential: excellent project management and organisational skills, including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- essential: excellent data management skills and high levels of attention to detail and accuracy
- essential: excellent ICT skills, including MS Office, and ability to use social media effectively in a professional context (notably Twitter, Instagram and Facebook)
- essential: ability to work both independently and cooperatively as a team member
- essential: aptitude and willingness to learn and acquire new skills and an active interest in development and innovation
- essential: English to native standard and a very good basis in German.
- desirable: some prior knowledge of a content-management system for updating a website and/or client-relationship management database
- desirable: a high level of bi-cultural awareness about the UK and Germany and intercultural competence
- desirable: some knowledge of, and interest in, international projects for young people (school and youth)
- desirable: willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends (to support youth events)
The post is designed as a full-time post, however, part-time arrangements are also possible. The appointments will initially be on the basis of one-year freelance contracts with the possibility of extension.
Remuneration will depend on skills and experience and will be based on public-sector pay scales. Starting fees will be from £29,000 p.a., pro rata.