Celebratory Fund Challenge Fund Challenge Fund - World of Work FLA/ELA Ambassadors Instant Impact Our future in Europe Partnerships in Learning WWI projects Youth Challenge Fund
Teachers' tips for promoting activities
We've put together the best pieces of advice from experienced teachers to help you promote your UK-German activities.
- "Start off small and then gradually build things up."
- "Advertise the exchange in assemblies or through school exchange ambassadors."
- "Ensure children are in full communication, as long as possible before any travel, to ensure they already know their partners - possibilities include, mail, e-mail, blogging, video conferencing, Skype etc."
- "Take the opportunity to make long-lasting publicity materials. We put together a collage and had the services of a past pupil who took photographs and made a film of the day. Both will be very useful for events such as open evenings."
- "Invite the media to publicise the event - it is wonderful to send this to the partner country afterwards."
- "After the project has been completed, it is essential that its success is celebrated within the schools through assemblies, presence at open evenings and wall displays to get future generations of students interested in participating in future cross-cultural project work."
- "Aim high. Be ambitious. Just because no-one has never done something before doesn't mean it cannot be done. There always has to be a first. Why not you?"