Tips from the UK-German Creative Media Seminar in Berlin
Ten top-tips for podcasting
- Plan the podcast well - this will save lots of time later on.
- Assign different roles to different people in the group and use a variety of voices.
- Make sure you're familiar with the recording equipment before you do your recording.
- Make sure the microphone has a windshield if you're working outside.
- Make sure you know how far you need to hold the microphone away from people.
- Don't be shy about interviewing people on the street - get out there!
- Make sure you record enough material - it's always better to have too much.
- Use music in your podcasts. Start it louder and fade it down to a minimum when people are talking.
- Use sound effects to create atmosphere.
- Make sure you 'normalise' the sound recordings and raise the volume to make them audible.