Newsletter - Summer 2016
UK-German Connection Newsletter - Summer 2016
In this edition:
- Host a Teacher from Germany 2016-17 - deadline approaching
- UK-German Youth Ambassadors 2016-17 - new format
- News from our Youth Ambassadors: a youth referendum, local elections and Britain's membership in the EU....
- Partnership Visit Fund - planning visits for teachers
- The UK-German Bears project - apply now to host Alex and Ben
- New on voyage kids: German number plates
- Looking ahead: programme applications and deadlines
Host a Teacher from Germany 2016-17 - deadline approaching
Add an international dimension to your classroom by hosting a teacher from Germany. Schools can now apply to host a teacher from Germany for two or three weeks.
Application deadline: 21 September 2016
Please note: If you're planning to host a teacher in the autumn term, please make sure that your application reaches us before the end of the summer term.
UK-German Youth Ambassadors 2016-17 - new format
The UK-German Youth Ambassadors programme is taking on a new format and will run between January and May 2017.
Do you have any pupils aged 15 to 19, who are interested in intercultural dialogue and would like to run projects as part of our Ambassadors network?
Information about the programme and on how to apply will be available when the application process opens in September 2016.
News from our Youth Ambassadors: a youth referendum, local elections and Britain's membership in the EU....
… these are just some of the topics our UK-German Youth Ambassoadors have been looking at this year. They'll be meeting soon for the evaluation seminar in Berlin to present, discuss and reflect on their projects and achievements.
Partnership Visit Fund - planning visits for teachers
The Partnership Visit Fund provides grants to support partnership-planning visits for teachers. It gives teachers the opportunity to spend a few days at their (new) German partner school to plan future joint projects and activities between the pupils from both countries.
The maximum grant for the Partnership Visit Fund is £1,000. Funding is available on a rolling deadline, and you can apply at any time up to four weeks before the planned visit.
The UK-German Bears project - apply now to host Alex and Ben
Alex and Ben, our UK-German bears, are preparing for their travels again and can't wait to find out who they'll visit next! We can match you up with a German partner school to work with on this fun, interactive three-week project for primary children, which helps them learn about each other's language and culture.
New on voyage kids: German number plates
'B' is for Berlin and 'M' is for Munich - did you know that you can tell what area German cars come from by looking at the number plate? Why not use our brand new 'number plate special' to help develop your pupils' intercultural understanding, encompassing cars, fun facts about German cities, an interactive quiz and even a 'make your own number plate' feature.
Looking ahead: programme applications and deadlines
- 21 September 2016: deadline for applications for the Host a Teacher programme
- September 2016: applications for Youth Ambassadors programme open (please note that schools planning to host in the autumn term should apply by the end of the summer term)
- FLA/ELA Ambassadors: the application process for 2016-17 opens in September 2016
- 31 October: next deadline for grant applications
For all upcoming deadlines, download our calendar of opportunities for 2016-17: http://www.ukgermanconnection.org/professionals-parents
How to unsubscribe
If you would like to unsubscribe from our newsletter / mailing list, just wait until you have received one of our newsletters and click on the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of the email.
Alternatively, feel free to contact us at any point, stating your name, email address and school / institution, and we will be happy to remove your subscription.