The Instant Impact programme aims to support first-time visits by pupils and young people between UK-German school and youth partnerships.
Please note that applications can no longer be accepted for 2017. Applications for activities in 2018 can still be submitted with due consideration of the lead-in time (see below).
What criteria does your visit have to meet?
- The Instant Impact programme is open to pupils and young people who have not previously visited their partner institutions in the other country.
- At least 5 pupils/young people take part in the visit and it lasts for a minimum of two full days (not including travel).
- The British and German pupils or young people spend at least 75% of the time during the visit in joint activities.
- The activities are embedded within a thematic framework to facilitate dialogue and joint learning on educational and current social topics.
- There is a commitment to the sustainability of the link with concrete plans for the follow-up and development of the partnership.
For a full list of criteria, please refer to the programme guidelines.
How much funding can you get and what can it be used for?
- The maximum grant available is £1,500. This will be awarded to the travelling group and must be used towards their costs.
- Grants provided through Instant Impact can support costs such as travel, accommodation and project resources and will be a max. 75% contribution of the overall eligible costs.
- Applicants must contribute at least 25% of the overall eligible activity costs through participants’ contributions and other sources of funding.
When and how should you apply for the grant?
Before completing the application form, please read the programme guidelines (see Files to download list on this page).
- The Instant Impact programme has a rolling deadline. Applications can be submitted at any time.
- However, applications must be submitted at least six weeks before the date of the planned visit.
- To apply, please download and complete our application form (see Files to download list on this page) and submit it electronically to email@example.com or send it by post to:
34 Belgrave Square
Please note that both sides of the partnership can apply for an Instant Impact grant as long as the above criteria apply. The corresponding information and application form for your German partner is available under Instant Impact on the German section of our website.
If you have any questions about the programme or would like to discuss your plans, please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good luck with your application!