The funding programme Celebratory Fund is designed to help schools celebrate their link and to give them the opportunity to tell the world about their long-standing partnership.
If you are celebrating the anniversary of a partnership with a school in Germany and would you like to mark the occasion with a celebratory project we may be able to support you.
Applications for the Celebratory Fund are currently closed and will re-open at the beginning of the academic year 2016/17.
The next deadline for Celebratory Fund applications is 31 October 2016.
Please check back to this web page before submitting your application for the October 2016 deadline.
For general reference, a summary of our main criteria and procedures is listed below. Please call us if you have any questions or would like to discuss your ideas.
What criteria does your project have to meet?
- The activities take place in celebration of a significant partnership anniversary (minimum ten years) and reflect the partnership activities throughout the entire period over which the link has existed.
- The celebration takes place either in the UK or in Germany and involves mobility of pupils. At least ten pupils and three alumni from each participating institution participate.
- The celebration is strongly embedded in a wider celebratory project, which is fully bilateral (even though the celebration may take place at only one of the institutions) and includes review and development sessions as well as a learning event reaching out to the community.
- The project includes a strong element of involvement of pupils in the conception, implementation and dissemination of the celebratory activity, and real and meaningful interaction, collaboration and joint activity between the pupils and alumni, including joint preparatory work and follow-up activities.
- The current or most recent cohort of pupils, and ideally also alumni, must be actively involved as learning ambassadors and should undertake these activities jointly, in UK-German mixed pairs or groups.
- If the celebratory activity is scheduled to take place within a regular exchange trip, it must have its own distinct and dedicated project plan, event(s), preparation and follow-up.
- A language learning element is welcomed but not compulsory.
A full list of criteria will be available in the guidelines when applications open again at the beginning of the new academic year.
How much funding can you get and what can it be used for?
- The maximum grant available is £1,500 and is to be shared between the participating institutions.
- Grants provided through the Celebratory Fund grant can support costs such as travel and accommodation, project resources and celebratory activities and will be a contribution to the overall costs.
- Applicants must contribute at least 25% of the overall eligible activity costs through participants’ contributions and other sources of funding.
When should you apply for the grant?
- There are three deadlines each year: 31 January, 31 May, and 31 October. See the box at the top of this page for the next deadline.
- Proposed project activities cannot start until at least six weeks after the funding deadline to allow the required administrative and processing time. For example, an application for a project starting in February would need to be submitted for the previous October deadline.
How can you apply for the grant?
Guidelines and application forms will be available on this web page when applications open again at the beginning of the new academic year. Please ensure that you submit your application using the latest forms.
Please note that Celebratory Fund applications can only be submitted by one participating institution on behalf of the whole project. This can be either the German or British institution. The corresponding information for your German partners is available under Celebratory Fund on the German section of our website.
If you have any questions about the programme or would like to discuss your plans, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.