School Exchange Ambassadors
Showing opportunities tagged with Politik
Nominating pupils to become School Exchange Ambassadors is a fantastic way to promote your school partnership activities without having to do all of the hard work on your own. Choose enthusiastic and creative pupils who will have the initiative to run activities without too much guidance.
Ensure that ambassadors are given recognition for their role in the form of certificates, pin badges or points for your school award system. Give them some guidance at the start of their role with suggestions for ways they could promote the German exchange or school partnership activities.
Example activities for School Exchange Ambassadors
- Create a blog / picture gallery / video promoting the exchange or project.
- Organise a 'German Day' to introduce pupils to German culture.
- Give talks to younger pupils about experiences of visits to Germany in assemblies or form time.
- Set up a German culture club at lunch time or after school.
- Organise German film nights.
- Introduce a German bake-off (especially good for students apprehensive about German food!).
- Organise a German quiz night.
- Arrange for visiting German exchange students to be brought to classes or assemblies to talk to other year groups.
Have you got some creative activities that we haven't thought about? Send them to us and we will feature them here.
"The numbers for the exchange have risen this year due to the good press from the other students and the videos, which really enthused younger students to take part".