Celebratory Fund Challenge Fund Challenge Fund - World of Work FLA/ELA Ambassadors Instant Impact Partnerships in Learning WWI projects Youth Challenge Fund
Teachers' tips for a stress-free exchange
Showing opportunities tagged with Kunst
Still apprehensive about organising an exchange visit to Germany? We've put together the best pieces of advice from experienced teachers to help you run a trip without any hiccups.
- "Think about long-term goals of the project - how it could develop in the future."
- "Advertise the exchange in assemblies or through school exchange ambassadors."
- "Decide and agree in detail about all project tasks before starting the project to avoid misunderstanding between partners."
- "Ensure children are in full communication, as long as possible before any travel, to ensure they already know their partners - possibilities include mail, e-mail, blogging, video conferencing, Skype etc."
- "Keep families informed: in the lead up to our exchange visit I sent weekly then daily updates to hosts. They appreciated the contact and rather enjoyed the emails."
- "Take the opportunity to make long-lasting publicity materials. We put together a collage and had the services of a past pupil who took photographs and made a film of the day. Both will be very useful for events such as Open Evenings."
- "Aim high. Be ambitious. Just because no-one has never done something before doesn't mean it cannot be done. There always has to be a first. Why not you?"