German Teacher Award
Showing opportunities tagged with Drama
Do you know a dedicated teacher of German in the UK who deserves recognition?
The nomination process for the German Teacher Award 2017 has now been closed and will reopen in 2018.
The German Teacher Award is awarded by the German Embassy. It is presented every year to excellent teachers of German who have made an outstanding and dedicated contribution to German teaching at their school, for example through:
- a record of successful teaching at a school, including innovative language teaching
- successful introduction of German teaching at a school
- established and successful link activities with Germany, e.g. projects and exchanges, bilingual projects, curriculum projects
- use of German language in subjects other than German
- local or regional outreach activities
The 2017 awards
The Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany hosted the German Teacher Award Ceremony and the 'Sommerfest der deutschen Sprache' on Monday 12 June 2017. Ambassador Ammon welcomed over 220 guests including the best-selling author, John le Carré, who gave the keynote speech.
Congratulations to the 2017 winners:
- Chloe Alexandra Samuels (Caerleon Comprehensive School, Newport)
- Jill Snook (Monmouth Comprehensive School, Monmouthshire)
- Emily Jane Wagstaffe (Oundle School, Northamptonshire)
Janine Alison Turner (Beech Hall Preparatory School, Cheshire) was honoured with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Recognising an exceptional teacher at the start of their career, the Peter Boaks Award was given to Dawn Piper (Littleover Community School, Derbyshire).
This year "Special Mentions" were also awarded to Morag E. J. Allan (Wellington School, Ayr), Sharon Barnes (Fairfield High School, Bristol), Nicola Chandler (Queen Elizabeth's Grammar School, Kent), Julia Stevens (Saint Brigid's Catholic Primary School, West Midlands), Paul Alexander Sweeting (Halliford School, Surrey) and Helen Amanda Wheelwright (Barton Peveril Sixth Form College, Hampshire).
UK-German Connection is a partner of this award.